BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Life lifters... ...Chapter 1

chapter 1

"let joy, temperance and repose slam the door on the doctor's nose."- Longfellow

Is it true that right mental attitude is extremely important in virtually everything we do in the life?
Am I the "prophet of doom" or am i the "happy-go-lucky" person around my friends?

In the journey of seeking knowledge and happiness, I struggled, I panicked, I fell down. Sometimes, when those around us are smiling to us, do they mean it truly? Or is it another sorrow in disguised?

Sometimes taking an honest look at myself really will put you out on the floor with foot-stomping, tear-rolling laughter. So why should we end up suffering with a negative thinking? Why we always want to make fallacious assumption and misconception about the others? Why we are always complaining about the most minuscule aches, pains and inconveniences in our life? Is this the innate nature of humankind?

We are what we think; what we do is what we think, so think positively, think optimistically! Be happy, moderate and calm everyday! Enjoy our life, and be contented!

It is true that there are always many things that disturbed our emotions drastically. We felt indignant or miserable. I had been disturbed by his apathetic ignorance for a long time. It was so annoyed and angry for a friendship to end up like this. Since he abandoned me in the first place, why don't i change my fuel of inspiration and aspiration by aiming at a lofty goal or setting an adventurous voyage to the sea of my dream? I had been wishing a tranquility in my heart without his disturbance, without redundant parties from my former classmates, without annoying phone calls talking about nonsense and silly stuff. Whenever i think like that, i felt happy and calm as i change from self-pitying to self-motivated, with a soul full of passion and dreams.

William Mathews once said that,"A sunny disposition is the very soul of success, enabling a man to do double the labor that he could without it, and to do half the physical and mental exhaustion." So, be happy and be gratified for what you have in your life.

Here are some of the hilarious definition that i found in the book... ...

Boredom- self-pity in disguise
Change/ growth- the process by which my inside begins to match my outside
Compulsion- an overwhelming desire to destroy myself in the name of pleasure
Denial- the ability to suppress the truth long enough to get what I want
Envy- emotion produced by a belief that another's good fortune somehow detracts from my own superiority
Fear- the need to run from the things I screwed up yesterday that I know will ruin my life tomorrow which I refuse to deal it today.
Honesty- a thing I have no problem with until I get honest about it
Humility- being honestly and sincerely willing to learn a few simple things from other people, having no desire to strangle them in the process
Love- when listening to you is more fun than thinking about me
Low self-esteem- a modern psychological term that used to be called "shame"
Persecuted- the way i feel when i get what i deserved
Powerless- a human being without faith in God
Problems- God's method of revealing himself to anyone who is interested
Rationalization- the process of convincing myself I need everything i want
self-pity- the door of depression, the fuel of fear, the anvil of anger, and the root of resentment.
willingness- when i expose myself to the truth and refrain from shuffling the facts.

be happy everyday and be oblivious about the painful past
despite your past, your future is a clean slate!!!

0 comments: