BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

3 weeks

3 weeks for me to get everything done and settled! What the hell?? Not even a super genius can do something like this in 3 weeks time, how about someone who is as mundane as me is able to finish it on time while in perfect condition?

A one-strike-stroke! How could I do it?

Back to these few weeks, Huat and I might be the only 2 left targeting to fly in one year from our class. For the Ivies we pursued the study and competed with each others. I am uncertain about that boy why he must fly in one year. Whenever i asked about this question, he would just bring the topic over and start changing another topic which was totally irrelevant.

Then how about me? I target for the Ivies, why I need to make such a drastic decision while I am not even well-prepared?

I have been working on some few books for me to improve myself, not only just improve my SAT, but I think my personal growth is equally important as my SAT score! As i bucked up my Gpa and cGpa, I must make myself to be more inquisitive and knowledgeable! DNA, psychology, critical thinking, strategy... ... I must learn everything in such a short time to fully equip myself.

Digression again... ... Ughh... ... Why I choose Ivies?

Because JPA asked me to choose Ivies, I supposed, indirectly. However, why should I keep blaming others? The reason behind is rather simplistic. I choose Ivies because I am restrained to these few choice, for if I want to apply as a freshman, I must get myself admitted into one of the ivies or ivy standard universities.

The main reason is not because Ivies have good reputation, they are competitive, they are more prosperous in the sense that I might stand a better chance to get a high-paid salary after I graduate, but also I enjoy the sheer pleasure of having a dream to chase, a vision to accomplish and a passion to burn in my heart.

I was quite disappointed when I heard that some of the JPA scholars' thoughts about their scholarship. They think that they have no obligation to work hard anymore, for all their hard works were paid when they received the scholarship. Their motive of study was just to get the scholarship, and their journey of knowledge was done, finished, settled! This is a total offence to everyone in my nation, and I felt so humiliated as I am one of the JPA scholars!

Knowledge is endless, so as the passion that drives the seeker of knowledge! I felt remorse for my lack of motivation and slothful during the first few weeks. Now, I have tasted the ramifications for everything that I had done! I had another chance, another shot, another goal to grab, to give and to aim with whatever that I had left!

You are what you think! Whatever you are doing, whatever you feel, whatever you want- all are determined by the quality of your thinking. If your thinking is unrealistic, your thinking will lead to many disappointments. if your thinking is overly pessimistic, it will deny you due to recognition of the many things in which you should properly rejoice!

This, I think probably, is the most important lesson that I had learnt when I read through the books! I have left about 50 books to read through, 10 books of SAT to finish, infinite sets of practice and notes that i need to go through. In this swiftly changing world with each passing day which the pace of life and change quickens, I must be more equipped. I thirst on more knowledge, more knowledge than I ever needed.

I am more than happy to get myself through all these challenges. I thrive on such a great competition, magnificent adventure and lifelong journey! All I want to do now is be focus on what I want to do in the future, and give everyone the best shot that I had in my life!

Three weeks left for me to change my destiny and link my road to the ivies. I want to get into the ivies because it is fun to do so. Why can’t I dream of something that I want to do in the future, something that I eager to learn and achieve in my life? There was one rather extreme thought of mine regarding JPa scholarship and my further study in the US. If I can’t continue my Jpa scholarship because of my low cgpa despite my successful admission in the US university, I will still go for it without any sponsorship from the government. Government scholarship is just a virtual aid in our study; it is the hard works behind that we need to pay and sacrifice in order to reach our dream university!

With all the experience that I had gone through in my life and my very subjective views towards everything that happened around me, I think the answer towards the “which job should I choose in the future? A high paid but uninteresting job, or a Low paid but interesting job?” is rather obvious already. The reason is not because of what prospect of this field in the future, or because of the income from this job. To me, these things are too superficial to me, or should I say, too “in the box” already.

Who decide which job to be well-paid? Who decide which job to be more interesting? It is you who decide it, right? The money can never make the job interesting, as that is a total virtual sensation- it is fake! Only when you yourself feel interesting based on the qualities of the job, neglecting the economic factors, then you can truly indulge yourself in the sheer fun of the job! If money can make an employee think the job is interesting, then I think prostitution is the world happiest and interesting job ever in our world.

People might argue with me, how could I jump into such a conclusion when I had never experienced the feeling of total poorness! I never said that money is unimportant, but it is not a major factor in choosing whatever that you want!

People who are super rich millionaire are those who interested in what they do, not the money! Simple example, Bill gates, an expelled from the Harvard, who could indulge himself in his computer world without being disturbed by anyone else, had a vision- every house has its own personal computer! He upheld his belief and finally, he successes. I believe every great figure in our world shares common qualities in their mind.

They have passion in what they are doing. – full of enthusiasm

They have vision in what they will do. – ambitious and always unrealistic among the others

They have perseverance in what they had done wrong in the past. – never give up

I am not going to follow the trend of the world, the prospect of the jobs, but I rather choose to CREATE opportunities. I want to touch as many hearts as possible in this world!

The best part in Intec, to me, is I am not the only idiotic dreamer who chase on such an unrealistic dream. Faith, Courage, Perseverance are much more important than just a brain full of knowledge and marking scheme!

Good luck! kira! I know you are always unique and special among your peer in your high school time. They might humiliate you, they might despise you, they might under rate you, but don't forget, you are always special in His eyes.

Don't give up hope!!! !!! !!! !!!

0 comments: