BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

life impacts 2- my family

A 16A1 initiated my new journey to realize my dream. But how many knows the true story behind this tragedy? I am not that surprised as mentioned in the article, but there were a lot of people who did really feel surprised, in a bad way, I meant


What does 16A1 really mean? After joining the life game, I realized that I was being famous not only for dancing MJ during "残酷一丁", but also for being a 16A1. Among my juniors, I am like a super hero, a legend, a sophisticated figure who did miracles with ingenious brain power. From my juniors' perspective, I am not as bad as how my peers viewed me. (I am glad for that :p and I appreciate it)


My life was deemed as a glorious life full with fantastic achievements. However, does it really matter?

My dad installed a DVD screen in my own car. It's a weird feeling watching American Pie while driving, you know. (but the music is cool!)
My own CRV, a gift from my dad.

Somebody view it as my own effort: I earned it with my hard works; I earned it with my result and reputation gained in SPM 2008. I had all the privileges that my dad can offer me. Whether I want the latest handphone or a luxurious vacation in the Prince, I can always get what I want. Others view me as a lucky boy who was born in elite class (not that kind of Manhattan's elite class you saw in Gossip Girl, my hometown type) ; despite my results I will always be treated with a great deal of indulgence.

It was cool to meet Mr. Mahmud in person, an experience that is hotly discussed among my family members.

So, what's the point of working hard when you got everything that you want to have? What is the point to strain yourself for something that you don't really need to? Am I being too ambitious or lion-hearted until I overworked myself?

How many of my fans, and peers, know that my family is not born rich? Ta Ann isn't looked like that before its immense growth in international business. My dad, similar to my other granduncles and uncles, sacrificed his own health to sustain the growth. My house used to be cupboard house in the primitive village, and it is still there. Our first car was actually a white Proton Saga. I wasn't born genius: I might have some cracky ideas about life and philosophy. I have mediocre SAT score even though I sat it twice!

That's the reason. I experienced the poverty once, I really know how others feel when they don't have food to eat. (that's why I sacrifice my own lunch in the lifegame.) I know that this luxury isn't something gifted as granted; it is my previous generation that helps sustaining it. I admit that sometimes I do practice escapism through severe procastination, but that doesn't hinder me from my ultimate goal.

We can't really choose our own origins, can we? We can't choose which family do we have, or what our DNA is. All we can choose is the way we live as well as the road we take now and in the future.

In life game, I really learnt that life is not about my past, it's about my present and my future that I want to live. I was given nothing in the game, except for mediocre money and a business ownership. I survived until the end, didn't I? I can survive without my family's rich background. I can survive with $10000 debt. I can survive without getting a tertiary education. I survived through lots of determination.

Things don't change much whether or not I am in a prosperous family or a peasant family. I have always want to maintain my family's pride and prosperity as well as create a better future for both my family and my friends. Well, let's not forget about the bigger picture: the world that we live now. It needs change, but where are those who are going to change it?

let's leave that part until my next blog.

My current situation?
stomachache, nauseaing, severe muscle cramp, headache, diarrhea.
I missed the Christmas celebration in church :(

0 comments: