BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

I was warned

I was warned, not by my best friends, but by an interviewer who is an alumni from the most prestigious university in US.


"You must know where the line is, and remember, don't ever cross the line, or else you will end up to be a very dangerous criminal."

This is the quote which gave me the most impact throughout my day. I know it is not offensive, but quite touching for me. I don't think there is any interviewer who will give any advice to his or her interviewee. I was grateful for what he had said to me throughout the whole session.

But for some privacy issue, I don't think it is genius by mentioning which college interview did i attend. (those hackers, as well as hypocrites, like to plagiarize my idea and give non-constructive opinions which I think it is totally a waste of my time, and also their time)

I mentioned about Kung Hui (yo fren, long time no chat lo, still in detention?) in the colored fire experiment. Still remorseful about the explosion that I create when doing colored fire that burned his hand. I never realize how dangerous the situation we were in when I made the chemicals so volatile and flammable by heating up alcohol and chemicals. It was dangerous, and I was way too young to realize the dangers behind an experiment.

I sneak into loophole when doing projects. In fact, I don't do things in orthodox ways. I like to be different from the others, that's why I used my creativity to do something which others never try out. However, there are something that I myself would like to experience it, like visiting the gynecology department in the hospital. It is quite impossible for just a high school student to experience something like that. Since you are given a chance, why not?

There is one similarity between the interviewer and nat: they both mentioned I should not follow what my heart tells me, or follow my emotion. That is quite true. In fact, it is a homework that I have been working out for the whole year. I learn how to think rationally, how to judge others without any sentimental bias towards the others and how to analyse every situation from different perspective.

I think that's what I really learnt through the application process. No matter I get myself admitted or not, ( this could be a real hot topic discussed by every Malaysian if I didn't get admitted, just like how they spread rumors about Nur Amalina who gets 17A1, and I was so stupid for not googling out the truth) at least I learnt something, things that my peers from Tung Hua will never learnt. I was exposed to people like Yl or ZY or Hobart; they might not know how much they had inspired me to do something different, not for myself, but for the world that we are soon gonna face.

Then what is university for? In my perception, it was used to be a place where I think I can get a tertiary education in order to get a job in my future, but not now as I realize Universities are there for you to rediscover your dream and aspiration, realizing the passion in your heart for you to change the world, even if it is just a minor change.

I was warned, and now it is time for me to think for the people around me. I was thinking may be it is the 2012 movie that led However, I must be honest that I was hooked by 3 major things in my life: games, anime and funny Taiwanese talkshow. The main thing that I must learn now is how to create 72 hours from 24 hours. Hehe :p

Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton, Gregor Mendel and Charles Darwin: they all share the same 24 hours as me.


0 comments: