BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My dream

What are your dreams and aspiration?


I want to have my own social enterprise which involves in Biological research. I want to commercialize Pokemon in order to realize my childhood dreams. I want to make cheap foods and natural resources abundant and accessible everywhere in this world. I want to have my own school tutoring others in education. I want to become a professor involving biologics research since I was young. I want to have my own time for my family, my future wife and kids. The list are endless, and I am working on my dreams in order to realize them within my limited time.

Since I was young, I was easily intrigued by life. I kept asking why the bird can fly, how the dog barks, can ants swim, or what happen to my food after i ate them. I prefer observing animals and plants to man-made machine. I discovered that when I found myself keep looking and staring at my pet dogs while I was having fun playing my remote car.

The interest got deeper and deeper when my mother bought me books about animals and plants like, "100 questions about animals and plants" and "The natural wonders of the world". My mother wanted me to become a doctor, that's why she wanted to instill a medical interest onto me. Well, I guessed it didn't turn out to be like that.

My mother also wants me to become a logic doctor who knows how to play musical instruments. My childhood was filled with papers, books, Lego and light musical instrument like flute and portable piano. However, I just missed my trees and dogs. When I get the papers I began to draw out trees and I used lego to build my own zoos.

Even though I am born in a middle-earn family who lives in the center of a town, my mother likes to bring me back to her hometown which is a village in Kuching. It becomes part of my rich memories as I got the chance to catch the chickens, feed the fish in the pond and plant my own vegetables as well as flowers. While I was flying my kite, I imagined I was actually flying my own pet eagle. (That is the time when I am not a rich guy but a poor peasant boy rich in life and memories)

I finally found my great interest in Biology when I am in Form 4. The moment when I studied the fundamentals of biochemistry like saccharides, amino acids or nucleic acids, i was intrigued. It was just amazing when I get to know how these plant or these human systems get to work without even our notice. There was one time when I found ambiguous part about photosynthesis, I went and found Yong Wai Yng to discuss about the topic. It seemed that I kept asking her question too deep until we both got confused. That is a wild experience, I supposed.

During my extra class by Pn. Su, I get to know more about Biology and life. Biotechnology is a new term for me at that time, and I can feel that there is a great potential that I can discover in this field. My mother used to tell me that if I can produce my own medicine, then my grandmother can have a better health care. However, due to the poor condition of my mother's family, my grandmother suffers poor medication and died in excessive dehydration and osteoporosis.

I witness how my mother's family suffers for the last 3 years of my grandmother's life trying to earn a living while afford her medication. Yet, I see the ironic moment when my father's uncle get the chance to have his cardio-operation in Singapore that is worth a million!

I believe, biotechnology is the field that provide a pathway to realize my dreams. In addition, it is my family that plays a vital role in shaping my dream and my school that helps me finding the pathway to realize my childhood dreams as well as my young adulthood dreams.

0 comments: